Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Getaway

Jeff's schedule at work got changed for the next month or so and because of his old schedule and new schedule merging, he ended up with a 6 day weekend last week. We decided we needed to get away for awhile and headed over the mountain to Klamath so the kids could visit with Grandma Bonnie and Papa Chuck. For the most part we had a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Grandma Bonnie bought some buckets and shovels for kids to play with while they visited. Rayden and Parker broke them in eagerly! They played out in the dirt and gravel almost everyday while we were there and got good and dirty in the process :)

Rayden had to have a few tea parties while we were there of course! On this day she had some yummy hot chocolate, she said it helped her sleep "sooooo good!!"

Parker was being silly there and chewing on his shirt a lot. He thought it was hilarious and continued to do it because of course we were all laughing at him! Bonnie said Jeff did this when he was little too.

Jeff helped his mom fix some of her sprinklers when we were there too. While they were doing that we were looking at all of Grandma Bonnie's pretty flowers. She had some gorgeous lilac bushes blooming and they smelled wonderful! She got some pots and put some starters in them for me to take home but unfortunately we forgot them there :(

Sunday was a hard day for Parker and I. Parker got up in the morning and he was throwing up and had diarrhea. No fun. Luckily he did not have much in his belly and was just throwing up water most of the time. He definitely was not himself and kept laying down on a blanket in the living room to sleep and every once in awhile you would find him laying on the kitchen floor. Poor guy. We got him to take about a 4 hour nap and he did seem better when he got up. We all sat down to eat a yummy steak dinner and that is when I started feeling horrible. I ended up in pain and throwing up until about 3 in the morning and still felt really cruddy the next day. I was really thankful for Bonnie, she helped out with the kids sooo much and took care of me :) Rayden and Daddy ended up sick with the same thing a few of days later.

The next day we decided to get out the house for a bit and headed to the park for a picnic and some playing. I still felt nasty and Parker was a crank but we had a good time. The weather was beautiful and Rayden had fun on the playground. She tackled the bog rock climbing wall like a champ and played with some other little kids that showed up. We said goodbye the next afternoon and headed back over the mountain for home. Thank you Bonnie and Chuck for taking us in and taking care of us!! We had a great time and see you soon. :)

No comments: